Monday, September 29, 2008

Week 4 Review

Once again, my crystal ball failed me. I don’t understand what happened…I shined it up last week. I even purchased a stand for it…so now it sits on top of the mantel. I’ve treated it with the utmost respect. For who? For what? (Yes…that was a shot at Ricky Watters!) Once again, I was one up and three down last week…not good…awful…embarrassing even! I have to do something different for next week…maybe I will punish it…have it stand in the corner…or give it a time-out! Something has to give…and I’m not backing down! Let’s take a closer look and see what went wrong:

Last Week: 1-3

Overall: 2-6

Washington @ Dallas: This was a shock to me. I did not see this as a close game at all. I expected the Cowboys to take over at any given moment and put the ‘Skins away. Not only did they not put the visitors away, but they were beaten at their own game…Portis abused the Cowboys all day long. In the end, Dallas made it close. If they would have recovered the onside kick…who knows? But ifs don’t cut it. They got beat. The NFC East is going to be a bear this year.

Philadelphia @ Chicago: Wow…Chicago and Kyle Ortin get a win against the Eagles? Are you kidding me? Now the Eagles were without Westbrook, but still, the Eagles should have won. Woulda, coulda, shouda…but they didn’t…they could not finish! They had their chance to punch it in, but could not seize the opportunity.

San Diego @ Oakland: After a slow start, San Diego is back to even. Nothing surprising here…they beat the Raiders. They should be able to beat Oakland…they are awful, pathetic! Al Davis spent a lot of money during free agency, traded for DeAngelo Hall, and drafted Darren McFadden…all for nothing! This team has a dark cloud over it…Al Davis!

Cleveland @ Cincinnati: The “Ohio Bowl” goes to Cleveland. I don’t know if there is an actual trophy or not, but let’s give it up for the Browns! Well…let’s not, Cincy stinks, and someone had to win…right?


Short Shots:

Rumor has it that Al Davis might be interested in Matt Millen…there’s a marriage made in heaven!

I usually don’t talk fantasy football, but I have Braylon Edwards and Chad Johnson on my team. Needless to say…I’m in last place!

With four chances inside the 4-yard line (3 chances from the 1), the Eagles failed to score a TD and win the game. The Eagles ran the ball 4 straight times. Why not let McNabb role out with the option to run or pass? The Eagles are not known as a power running team…why would they try to be one against the Bears?

I can’t wait to watch tonight’s game…”Text Gate”…Rashard Mendenhall vs. Bart Scott…Let’s get ready to rumble!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a weekend! Everyone is walking with their heads down at work. Wasted time outs, wasted opportunities... that's what cost the Cowboys and the Eagles. Who would have thought the Skins would be ahead of the boyz and the birds??