Friday, September 19, 2008

Predictions Week 3: Round-Up

Each week, on Friday, I will look into my (never wrong, just misinformed) crystal ball and give my predictions for that weekend games. I will always prognosticate on the Eagles and Cowboys games and then pick two more games of interest (to me, that is, not necessarily to you). Keep in mind, that this is for entertainment purposes only, and that I do not endorse any sort of legal or illegal gambling. That being said…let’s see what’s in my crystal ball!

Dallas @ Green Bay: Dallas has never won at Lambeau Field (albeit, they have only played there a handful of times), and I believe that they will not this time either. That’s right, the biggest Cowboys fan of all-time is picking the Pack over the ‘Boyz. Green Bay 24, Cowboys 23 in a wild finish!

Pittsburgh @ Philadelphia: The Eagles are licking their feathers after that debacle in Big D, and unfortunately it isn’t going to get any better. Clipped wing Roethlisberger will carve up the Birds this week. Pittsburgh 21, Philadelphia 9.

Miami @ New England: There are so many story lines here, but to me, Parcells would love to stick it to Belichik and the Patriots. In a come from behind victory, Pennington will shine, and get coach Parcells, oops, I mean, coach Sparano his first victory. Miami 24, New England 13.

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis: The Jags have hit rock bottom…now they must face Peyton Manning, who is struggling this year (wow…I guess he is human after all). Have no fear Indy fans, as Manning will regain his Super Human abilities and slay the Jaguars. Indianapolis 34, Jacksonville 17.

Well, there you have it…now lets see if my crystal ball is worth the $1 I paid for it at Dollar Tree.


Round-Up:

Commissioner Goddell is at it again. He has sent a letter to all teams (and players) concerning player safety and unnecessary injuries. He is going to ante up the fines and suspensions for dangerous hits…soon he will implement a new dress code…they will be wearing skirts! It’s football, dangerous hits is a given! Pretty soon, with all the off the field, and now, all the on the field suspensions Goddell is handing out, will there be any players left…we might have to resort to scab games (as the ones from the ’87 strike).

DeSean Jackson: What the heck was this guy thinking (apparently he wasn’t) on Monday night, flicking the ball back before crossing the goal line? He has now surpassed Leon Lett, as the most bone-headed play I have ever seen…though some might argue Jim Marshall’s going the wrong way and scoring a safety for the other team (he thought he scored a TD)!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am surprised to hear you picked the Pack over the Boys. With Rogers only having a few starts under his belt, I'm not so sure they will be able to pull it off.

As for the most boneheaded play of all time - I vote for the wrong way touch down.

Anonymous said...

Lousy prediction on the Birds game. How wrong can you be when Ben has a bummbed shoulder and their run game will be stopped just how Barber got over 3 yds a carry last week.

Anonymous said...

The Commish Here,
I hate to say I have to defend Jackson backward pass and nontouchdown dance.Was a sweet dance!!! I think the dumbest play was Plaxico Burress spiking the ball as a Pittsburgh rookie and celebrating the first down. They lost the ball at mid field as the other team scooped it up. Not saying Jackson was much better but atleast Philly keep the ball. I think Dallas GB will be a great game but inexperience will cost the Pack. Eagles Pittsburg game I can not touch. Think Eagles will win but I will not be calling the bookie and laying three and half today. I just Hope the Seahawks can get a win since have them in a few Suicide pools.

The Commish

Anonymous said...

I will be a blogging in about a week after My Surgery so keep them Comming!!!!


The Commish

utopia1dc said...

Commish, you are right on with Plexi-glass and his spike after the first down, that was idiotic. Fraction Jackson was also lame, and the Eagles kept the ball because the whistle blew and ref claimed a TD had been scored (by NFL rule), so no Cowboys player picked up the ball. Anyway, they are both BONE-HEADS!

Unknown said...

Crystal ball looks a little rusty. Atleast you pulled out the Patriots game. I know on Pick'em pool I have 4 wrong so far. Colts, Pats, Bears, and Redskins. I have Cowboys and Chargers winning. So hope to win the second pick'em pool for the year.