Monday, September 22, 2008

Week 3 Review

Today I am taking my lumps, and licking my wounds. I was 1-3 on my predictions for Week 3. Though I take great pride in my prognosticating skills, I must blame the crystal ball for this one. Granted, I should have known better, because I purchased it at Dollar Tree…what do you expect for a dollar? Maybe I will “Windex” it before this week’s prediction, so it isn’t so cloudy and hazy. Lets take a closer look at what happened:

Dallas @ Green Bay: I had picked Green Bay because I felt that after the emotional win against the Eagles, the short week, being on the road, and never having won at Lambeau Field, that the ‘Boyz would falter. I was wrong! “Boo” for my predictions…”yeah” for my team!

Pittsburgh @ Philadelphia: I picked the Steelers because I felt that the Eagles put too much into the Dallas game, and that they were still licking there wound. Wrong again! One final thought on this one…after, I don’t know, the 3rd, 4th, or 5th sack (the Eagles sacked the QB 8 times), Pittsburgh would have adjusted and tried to pick up the Blitz!

Miami @ New England: I picked Miami solely because I knew Parcells wanted to stick it to New England…and I’m glad he did! I despise only one team, New England, because they are Cheaters! Since I was right on this one…gloat…gloat…gloat!

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis: I went with Indy on this one because I figured Peyton would get out of his slump and become Super Peyton once again…oops, wrong thrice! You know, this is getting a little scary, when Eli is the better Manning? I never thought I would ever say that, but Eli is playing lights out, and Big Bro is struggling…that knee better heal up or Indy is in trouble!

Week 3: 1-3
Overall: 1-3


Short Shots:

Is it just me, or are the Refs really off their game this year? Lots of bad calls!

Does Romo like throwing INT’s in the Red Zone?

Could John Madden get any more annoying?

Phil Simms…shut up!

Choke Award…Martin Gramatica…how could you miss 2 field goals (one as time expired before the half, and one at the 2 minute warning in the 4th quarter)…that must have been one long plane ride home for Martin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not kidding about Madden... someone needed to give him a huge glass of ice water yesterday. I think I would have rather listed to nails against a chalkboard over him. His voice was so annoying and his side converations were lame. On a positive, I don't think he mentioned "good thing there's not a head in there" when players lost helmets - how annoying is that?