Friday, September 26, 2008

Predictions Week 4

Each week, on Friday, I will look into my (never wrong, just misinformed) crystal ball and give my predictions for that weekend games. I will always prognosticate on the Eagles and Cowboys games and then pick two more games of interest (to me, that is, not necessarily to you). Keep in mind, that this is for entertainment purposes only, and that I do not endorse any sort of legal or illegal gambling. That being said…let’s see what’s in my crystal ball!

Last week I was only accurate on one of four predictions. In baseball, that’s batting .250 (not bad), in football prognosticating…awful! So I shined up the crystal ball for this week, it was a little cloudy, some might say hazy, but it is now crystal clear…to me, anyway!

Last Week: 1-3

Overall: 1-3

Washington @ Dallas: This is a huge game for both teams. The Cowboys are riding high after their big win at Lambeau. Jason Campbell has come on strong the last few weeks and Portis is playing well. In the end it’s not going to be enough. The ‘Skins will hang tough for a while, but T.O. and the gang will dominate in the 2nd half. Look out for Felix “the Cat” to have more touches! Dallas 41, Washington 19.

Philadelphia @ Chicago: This could be a tough game for Philly on the road. They tore up Big Ben and shut down Slick Willie Parker last week. Can they do it again this week? Of course they can! Chicago has issues at QB…Forte is a good RB, and their defense is strong. The “X” factor is Hester, but it will not be enough. Philadelphia 23, Chicago 9.

San Diego @ Oakland: Norv and the Bolts have had a few heartbreaking games this year (the Denver game was total B.S). Al Davis has once again put his coach on the hot seat…boy, there’s a surprise. The Raiders’ slogans, “Commitment To Excellence” and “Just Win, Baby”, are as old as the tarnish on their Lombardi Trophies. Al Davis should fire himself, and let Monte’s boy do his job! San Diego 34, Oakland 17.

Cleveland @ Cincinnati: I will dub this the “Ohio Bowl” because this is the only Bowl these teams have a chance at winning…though it wouldn’t surprise me if they ended in a tie…as neither team deservers a victory. Look for Chad, I forgot how to get open and catch the football, Ocho Cinco Johnson to have a break out game. Cincinnati 21, Cleveland 20.

Short Shots:

This week Troy Brown retired…who cares?

Plaxico Burress was suspended for 1 game for missing practice…Practice; we’re talking about practice!

Matt Millen was fired by the Lions…wow…I didn’t see that coming? (Tongue in cheek).

Cedric Benson was cleared of all charges stemming from his DUI arrests…now can he stay sober long enough for someone to sign him?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your short shots... very funny!! Your predictions seem more on than last week. I think you'll go 3-1.

Unknown said...

Like the picks. I still hoping for a tie in Clev game.


Gimpy Commish signing out