Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Night Football

Today is a beautiful, warm sunny day in Gilbertsville, PA. Everyone is going about their daily lives. Some are going to work, some are going to school, while others are just hanging out. I just got back from dropping off my two children at pre-school. But soon the day will turn to night, and we will gather in front of our TVs. Why...because it's Monday Night Football. Some will have parties, some will have a few friends over, while others will be with there families. Either way we will be watching because it's Eagles-Cowboys...need I say more.

I am a Cowboys fan...yes it's true. As a kid I loved watching the Cowboys play. It was my favorite three hours of the week (it still is). Growing up as Cowboys fan just outside of Philadelphia was tough as a kid. Other kids would pick on me, or laugh at me when the Cowboys would lose, as if I or they had any influence on the outcome of the game. But kids will be kids, and I survived! Luckily for me the Cowboys were pretty good and they didn't lose too often, so I guess it could have been worse? As far as Cowboys fans go, I'm pretty cool about it (or at least I think so anyway). I don't get in peoples faces with Cowboys this and Cowboys that. I am just a football fan who happens to like the Cowboys...nothing more, nothing less.

I actually enjoy watching the Eagles play as well. I have nothing against the Eagles or Eagles fans...except for when they play each other. In some ways I feel bad for the Eagles and their fans, because they have never had the joy of their team winning the Super Bowl. I've had that joy (5 times), and it is amazing. Everything smells better, tastes better, looks better, etc. You are on Cloud 9 for weeks on end. Nothing bothers you, everything is just right.

Believe it or not, I actually rooted for the Eagles to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Hey, I like a good parade just as much as the next guy. I wish (I really do) that the Eagles fans could some day have that same feeling...just not tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Cowboys are my favorite too, but I enjoy watching all teams. I usually root for the underdog (unless of course they are playing Dallas). I will root for the Cowboys tonight - but I hope it is an exciting game. Everyone at work is convinced the Eagles are going straight for Barber.. a few think TO should be on the lookout, too. Are you ready for some football?!?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

It turned out to be one great game. to bad for my eagles and I we have to fly home a loser. Well, atleast we showed we are for real and that it was just not a crappy Rams team we beat. On to next week. Good luck and will see Dallas at the Linc. I will be up close to the field for that game.
Dan Nice Blog, Just got to tell me how to put link for yours on mine. Sure it is simple.
The Commish out.