Thursday, October 2, 2008

...Then It's Probably A Duck!

Bill Belichick, Head Coach of the New England Patriots, was accused by Al Davis of “tampering” with Randy Moss prior to their trade a year ago. The Raiders received a 4th round pick as compensation in the deal. Davis alleges that the Patriots had a secret workout with Moss prior to the negotiations, which would violate NFL rules. Bill (here’s a surprise) denies the accusation.

Now this is a tuff call. On one hand, you have a notorious cheater (yeah, that would be Belichick), and on the other, you have a notorious idiot (you guessed correctly…big Al Davis). It becomes very difficult to figure out…who's not telling the truth here? If I go with my gut…it’s Bill Belichick…all the way. He has repeatedly cheated…Spy Gate…anyone? If any other team, besides the Raiders, had made the accusation…done deal…Pat’s guilty as charged. But, Al Davis has gone “loco” on us lately, so I am at a loss. So, it boils down to credibility.

I need to solve this case…what should I do? I could flip a coin? Or do rock, paper, scissors? How about, one potato, two potatoes? But in the end I choose (drum roll, please)…Bill Belichick as the culprit! How did I finally reach my conclusion? Simple…I used a fail-safe system…if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck…then it’s probably a duck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just looked cheater up in the dictonary and Belichick's picture was staring up at me. I'm with you - it's probably Belichick who is not telling the truth (although I'm sure if you ask him he will have some creative play on words to describe his actions).