Friday, October 3, 2008

Predictions Week 5

Each week, on Friday, I will look into my (never wrong, just misinformed) crystal ball and give my predictions for that weekend games. I will always prognosticate on the Eagles and Cowboys games and then pick two more games of interest (to me, that is, not necessarily to you). Keep in mind, that this is for entertainment purposes only, and that I do not endorse any sort of legal or illegal gambling. That being said…let’s see what’s in my crystal ball!

Last week was another shameful performance by yours truly. Though I truly believe my crystal ball is trying to make me look bad in front of my mass readership. Okay now, the crystal ball is all shined up. It has promised me good results for this week. No excuses, it’s put up or shut up time for this crystal ball! Now, let’s see what this newly energized crystal ball has in store for us.

Last Week: 1-3

Overall: 2-6

Cincinnati @ Dallas: This should be a cakewalk for the Cowboys, right? One would think so, but I see a much closer contest. The Cowboys will let Cincy stick around for a while. The Cowboys will struggle early, as they are still stunned by the loss to the ‘Skins. Chad Ocho Cinco will have a good day (about time!), but in the end the ‘Boys will prevail. Look for Patrick Crayton and Felix Jones to be key contributors. Dallas will pull away late in the ball game. Dallas 37, Cincinnati 20.

Washington @ Philadelphia: This is a huge contest for both teams. The ‘skins are riding high (hip-hip-hooray!) after their big win at Dallas. The Eagles are licking their wounds after a big loss against Da Bears. The Eagles should have won last week, but a yard (and 11 defenders) stood between them and a win…too bad! I believe the Birds need this game more, so in a toss up contest, I’m going with the Eagles in a defensive struggle. Philadelphia 16, Washington 13.

Seattle @ New York Giants: Both teams should be well rested as they come off their bye week. Burress is out for a 1 game suspension (team enforced). Seattle is hurting at WR, as they’ve had man after man go down…it’s an epidemic out there (maybe it’s something in the water?)! This will be a come from behind victory for the ‘Hawks. After trailing for most of the game, Hasselbeck will lead his team with two 4th quarter TD’s to steal a victory from the G-Men! Seattle 34, N.Y. Giants 33.

Indianapolis @ Houston: Indy is really hurting this year. Peyton Manning is struggling. Tony Dungy is a “lame duck” coach (retiring). Maybe it’s the end of their run…the door is shutting…the window of opportunity is closing…I think not! Houston is awful. This will be Manning’s coming out party for this year. In a laugher, Indy will win big! Indianapolis 35, Houston 12.

Short Shots:

This week, Al Davis fired Lane Kiffin. Al Davis is the “Village Idiot”!

Al Davis accused Bill Belichick and the Patriots of “tampering” with Randy Moss prior to their trade for a 4th round pick last year. Davis is still the “Village Idiot” and the Patriots and Belichick are still CHEATERS!

Travis Henry was arrested on a cocaine bust…what a waste of talent! He was a multiple 1000-yard rusher and was currently on a 1-year suspension from the NFL. He has allegedly fathered 9 children, by 9 different mothers (busy dude!). Now…his playing days are surely over…but that’s the least of his problems now!

ESPN has become the King Of Sensational Sports News Reporting…solely for ratings. Every Sports Center and Pre-game show this week had at least one story about Terrell Owens. ESPN…why do you stoop so low? ESPN…what a shame…you don’t need to do it…we will still tune in!

Keyshawn Johnson (whom I’ve always liked as a player)…shut up already! He was blasting Terrell Owens about his comments on not getting the ball enough. Key…did you not write a book about the same subject (as a Rookie no less)…Just Give Me The Damn Ball!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I must admit I like 3 out 4 of your picks. I think the giants after a bye week will comeout to play good. Seattle has not played so well, besides the Rams game. Then again Holgrahm finall year, maybe the bye week they will comeout and play.

The Commish

Anonymous said...

Once again, your shrot shots crack me up! I like your picks - hopefully your crystal ball comes through for you.