Monday, October 6, 2008

Bridges

Yesterday, the Eagles lost another heartbreaker to a division foe, the Washington Redskins, 23-17. The Eagles stand at 2-3 and in 4th (last) place in their division. They have now lost two division (3 conference) games…and that does not bode well for play-off considerations. Though it’s still early in the season…the sky may be falling!

Earlier this morning, as I was dropping off the kids at pre-school, I was listening to WIP (local sports talk radio), and the “Morning Crew” was up in arms over the Eagles. They were calling for Reid’s head. The callers were in complete agreement, and also want Reid fired! Now, if the Eagles continue down this losing path, then perhaps at the end of the season, it may be something to consider. I’m not a big fan of terminating a coach in mid-season…who would take over…Marty Morningwig? Eagles fans…be careful what you wish for!

As everyone knows that I am a Cowboys fan, I try and look at things objectively. Reid may be the best coach the Eagles have ever had. His record speaks for itself. The Eagles have enjoyed great success under Reid’s leadership. He has won many division titles and led them to a Super Bowl. Is he perfect? No! Is he stubborn? Yes! Should he be fired? Absolutely not!

Reid sometimes is stubborn to a fault…that I grant you, Eagles fans! Once again, the Eagles found themselves near the goal line (as the Bears game) and chose to run it two straight times to Westbrook. Now, I like Westy, but he was a little gimpy yesterday. Reid forced two runs, back to back with him to no avail. Again, why not let McNabb roll out and try to create something? The Eagles are not a power running team…I just don’t get it?

For all of his shortcomings, Reid (in my opinion) is the best coach the Birds have ever had…and they should be glad to have him! Reid has spent 10 years with the Eagles and has earned to be treated better than this! Why do Eagles fans turn their backs so quickly? I know things look bleak, Eagles fans, but the sky is not falling…it’s just a little cloudy. I beg and plead to all the Eagles fans…please, please stay away from…bridges!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine what they were saying this morning on WIP! I think in past years Reid may have other things on his mind, with all of his family issues, but this year I don't get it. I don't understand why he wouldn't have tried something different to score yesterday, especially after all the problems they had running it in last week. This is going to be one tough division this year!