Friday, October 10, 2008

Predictions Week 6

Each week, on Friday, I will look into my (never wrong, just misinformed) crystal ball and give my predictions for that weekend games. I will always prognosticate on the Eagles and Cowboys games and then pick two more games of interest (to me, that is, not necessarily to you). Keep in mind, that this is for entertainment purposes only, and that I do not endorse any sort of legal or illegal gambling. That being said…let’s see what’s in my crystal ball!

Last week’s performance was a little better, but not good enough. As long as I see the willingness to improve, I will stick with my crystal ball. I don’t take the ownership of a crystal ball lightly, so I gave it a pep talk this week (with the aid of a colleague), and all seems well. Now, let’s see what this “pumped up” crystal ball has to say (or see)?

Last Week: 2-2

Overall: 4-8

Dallas @ Arizona: The Cards are in first place atop the NFC West at 3-2. Warner has had his ups and downs, but he (at a geriatric age) is still better than Matt Lienart. Boldin’s return for this week is doubtful, so that should bode well for the Cowboys. The Dallas secondary is in disarray with T-New out and Pac-man making headlines for the wrong reason. Even though this is an away game for the ‘Boys, they should feel at home since there will be more silver and blue in the stands than Cardinal Red. The Cowboys will need to play better than last week to get by the Cards. Dallas 34, Arizona 19.

Philadelphia @ San Francisco: This week is a do or die game for the Birds. They are in last place in the NFC East (not a great place to be)! Mike Martz in his "madness" will throw everything (including the kitchen sink) at Andy (please don’t fire me) Reid’s Eagles. That’s okay because Big Red (Andy) is a “mad bomber” in his own right! This will be an aerial attack for the ages (especially if Westbrook is nursing his fractured ribs)! The Eagles season and Reid’s future is on the line. Philadelphia 31, San Francisco 24.

Miami @ Houston: Houston is hurting after Sage and his “fumble-itous” cost them a victory against the Colts last week. Sparano and his “goons” will bring the wildcat formation to new levels this week…look for Pennington to catch a TD pass! Miami’s new look offense with mastermind Ronnie Brown in wingback formation will prove too much for the Texans…Kubiak…get the old resume ready! Miami 22, Houston 9.

New England @ San Diego: This has become a heated rivalry over the past few years. There is no love lost between LT and Bill (if I’m not cheating, I’m not trying) Belichick. LT says Big Bill has no class…I tend to agree! LT is waiting for a break out game this year…what a better time for it than primetime SNF! Cassel is no Tom Brady and will struggle against the Bolts defense. San Diego 27, New England 16.

Short Shots:

This week in Philly, they were calling for Andy Reid’s head (read more here). I guess the Eagles fans don’t know a good coach when they have one! For example: Ritchie Kotite, Marion Campbell, Ray Rhoades…should I go on? Come on Philly…he’s the best you’ve ever had and you want to throw him under the bus? For who? For What?

Adam (don’t call me Pac-man) Jones made the headlines again (read more here). Though I think the media has overblown the situation, he has to stay clear of these kinds of situations. The irony of it all is that he got into it with his bodyguard (security) while having dinner with his girlfriend…go figure? The poor guy can’t even romance his woman without trouble finding him? Next time…order in!

The NFL trade deadline is approaching…you think Cincy isn’t second guessing themselves for not taking a 1st round pick for Chad Ocho Cinco Johnson? The same could be said for Roy Williams and the Lions? Trades in midseason are rare in the NFL…we shall see!

How about that Wildcat offense Ronnie Brown and the Dolphins are sporting? Glad to see some creative minds at work! It’s fun to watch and you know what…it’s actually working! Who said Bill Parcells was a “fuddy duddy”?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, love the short shots~ they are so funny! Hope your crystal ball works out better for you this week. I think your predictions look pretty good!

Unknown said...

The Crystal Ball must of listen to the peep talk. I took two of the same games as your picks. So check mine out. http://www.philadelphiaeaglesnews.com/vetter/weblog
I like The Dolphins big this week also. I just tried to get my suicide pick in each week. Plus an upset game of the week. Try not to pick Eagles game because I always want the Eagles to win.
My 3-1 last week was good with upset coming through.

Unknown said...

Funny thing is Tazz's is expecting a trade to go down. Tazz's is getting freaked about the O A R
Starting to believe it might be a true group.

Unknown said...

Wow, Pep talk might not have worked hope you pull out the Chargers Game at least then I go 3-1 and the misinformed Ball gose 2-2 again.

utopia1dc said...

Norv and his boys saved my Medoza butt finishing out the week at 2-2. At least the pep talk kept the crystal ball alive for one more week...but it's on a short leash now and it should be looking over its shoulder...well if it had a shoulder, that is.