Friday, December 12, 2008

Reality Mail Bag - 12/12/08

Each week I will answer questions submitted by my loyal readers. I personally read every single email I receive. I will pick out the best five or so to use for the weekly post, as I won’t be able to answer all of them. I will also answer one or two questions on my daily posts as well. Now it’s time to open the mail!


Chris T., Lansdale, PA: I just saw on ESPN that TO is stirring the pot again. Is he insane to think that Romo and Whitten are designing secret plays behind his back?

Utopia1dc: Chris, I saw the same piece that ESPN did. Ed Werder broke the story, so I’m not too concerned with it. Werder has a way of exaggerating the truth to fill his time on ESPN. Wade Phillips did confirm that Owens, Williams, and Crayton did meet with Jason Garrett to discuss their roles in the offense. But that’s a far cry from Romo and Witten designing secret plays…come on people!


Tom B., Warminster, PA: Jerry Jones is out of line with his comments about Marion Barber. If he says he's hurt then he's hurt.

Utopia1dc: Tom, I tend to agree that Jones was out of line for saying that publicly. He did do his best Jerry spin control to try to diffuse the situation. Barber is known as “the Barbarian” , because of his running style. I do agree with Jones though, I was expecting that a player like Barber would tough it out. Where there’s smoke…there’s usually fire! For Jones to say this publicly, I believe there is some merit in questioning Barber’s toughness!


Kaylee F., Brooklyn, NY: The Giants are going to put your precious Cowboys out of their misery. Go Giants!

Utopia1dc: Kaylee, I suppose if your G-Men beat the Cowboys on Sunday night, they will be put out of their misery. If the ‘Boys lose, their playoff hopes go out the window. But, don’t count your chickens before they’re hatched. Your G-Men are having their own issues and that can’t bode well for them heading into the playoffs!


Mike D., Philadelphia, PA: Your Cowboys suck. If your such a big Cowboys fan why don't you move down there with all your cowgirls fans?

Utopia1dc: Mikey, if you read my profile you would have seen that I did live in Tulsa, which is a hop, skip, and a jump or two from Dallas. I enjoyed my time down there, as I was able to go to many games. I also enjoyed 2 Super Bowl victories while living down there, but I moved back because the heat was more than I could handle!

Shawn R., Abilene, TX: The Cowboys currently hold the 6th seed in the NFC but they have a hard schedule ahead of them. Are they going to be able to hang onto that final spot?

Utopia1dc: Shawn, that’s good question! It’s going to be tough because the ‘Boys play the Giants, Ravens, and the Eagles, to finish out the season. If they can win all three, they are in the tournament. If they lose Sunday to the G-Men, things could get a little crowded in the NFC. It could come down to the final game against the Birds; in a winner take all game!



Short Shots:


The ESPN machine is at it again with all the propaganda they are feeding us about the Cowboys. Now, I know that it’s good for their ratings. But if they want to talk about the Cowboys all day long, they should have taken my suggestion from earlier in the season! They should create an ESPNCowboys network. That way, ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN Classics, and ESPN News can resume with their normally scheduled programming!

It appears that Pacman Jones received some good news regarding his neck injury. After getting a second opinion, he may not need surgery for his bulging disk. If things go well, he may be able to return to action in a few weeks. If the Cowboys can squeak into the playoffs…that is!

Click To Email Me

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree ESPN made more of the TO story. Specail with them pushing it as it was TO and Garrett and not Roy, Patrick, and Terrell. It would been a smaller story if not for TO's Pass. I did love the hat and Red nose. My blog I blasted To but was more in a joking way, Specail my resolution to the TO problem.....lol

http://www.philadelphiaeaglesnews.com/vetter/weblog

Just scroll pass the picks.

Anonymous said...

I agree - ESPN is making a mountain out of a mole hill. TO may (or one of the other receivers) may have said something, but I doubt it was that Romo and Whitten were making secret plays. I mean really, this is the NFL, not middle school!