Thursday, December 4, 2008

Reality Mail Bag - 12/04/08

Each week I will answer questions submitted by my loyal readers. I personally read every single email I receive. I will pick out the best five or so to use for the weekly post, as I won't be able to answer all of them. I will also answer one or two questions on my daily posts as well. Now it’s time to open the mail!


Eric F., Philadelphia, PA: What do you think of Kyle Eckel? Have the eagles finally found a true fullback?

Utopia1dc: Eric, Kyle Eckel is a hometown product out of Haverford. He attended Episcopal Academy in Philadelphia, and then went on to star at Navy. He was named MVP of the Army-Navy game two years in a row. He is 4th all-time in rushing at Navy, so he knows how to carry the rock. He is a good blocker as well. What’s not to like? The Eagles would be wise to give him a shot at being their starting fullback…everyone knows they could use one!


James S., San Diego, CA: Norv Turner is the worst coach ever and he has destroyed a great team. Bring back Marty ball!

Utopia1dc: James, I don’t know about Turner being the worst coach ever, but the Chargers have struggled this year, especially defensively. LT doesn’t seem to be running with the same vigor as in previous years either. I was shocked when Marty was fired 2 years ago, but that’s the way it is in the NFL. The Chargers really don’t have a prayer to make the play-offs, even if they win out the rest of their games. Norv will probably be fired after the season…but be careful of what you wish for!


Marc P., Fort Washington, PA: Do the Eagles have any chance in hell to beat the Giants this week?

Utopia1dc: Marc, the Eagles played very well last week, and the Giants may be due for a letdown game. The G-men have had a lot of distractions this week with the Plaixo Burress situation. If the Eagles have any desire of making the play-offs, they must win this game. The G-Men have pretty much locked up the division, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the Birds got the win!


Richard P., Wheeling, WV: Out here in Pittsburgh country we will destroy your cowgirls.

Utopia1dc: Richard, I take it you’re a Steelers fan. Well, your Steelers have been playing very well. They have a balanced attack on offense and a stellar defense to boot. It will be a tough game for the ‘Boys. I don’t think the Steelers will destroy the Cowboys…it should be a close game. We shall see what happens!


Harry S., Ada, Oklahoma: What do you think about McNabb using the excuse about being preoccupied about his wifes pregnancy as his reason for his poor play the past few weeks?

Utopia1dc: Harry, I don’t know where you’re getting your information from, but I heard that interview live, and that’s not what I came away with. McNabb was asked a question, and he answered it. He wasn’t making excuses for his poor play. If that were the case why did he play so well on Turkey Day? I’m sure his wife expecting twins was on his mind, but it had nothing to do with his play on the field. I know that D-Mac has done and said many stupid things…this is not one of them!



Short Shots:


A Judge ruled in favor of Kevin and Pat Williams (Vikings) lawsuit against the NFL. He issued a temporary restraining order, blocking their 4-game suspensions imposed by Sheriff Goodell. This is a very bad precedent being set here. The NFL and the Vikings cannot let these guys play this weekend!


With four weeks left in the regular season, it’s going to go down to the wire for the last few play-off spots. In the AFC, there are 5 teams vying for 2 spots. In the NFC, there are 7 teams vying for 2 spots. It’s time to put up or shut up!



Click To Email Me

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love email day


Commish

Anonymous said...

As for Norv, I agree that he is not the worst coach ever. But, on that topic, I think some owners don't give coaches enough time to have an impact on a team. While other owners won't get rid of a coach, no matter what.