Thursday, January 8, 2009

Reality Mail Bag - 01/08/09

Each week I will answer questions submitted by my loyal readers. I personally read every single email I receive. I will pick out the best five or so to use for the weekly post, as I won’t be able to answer all of them. I will also answer one or two questions on my daily posts as well. Now it’s time to open the mail!


Troy J., Miami, FL: The Cowboys have cut Pacman Jones. This punk was a waste of draft picks and money.

Utopia1dc: Troy, I will have to agree that Pacman is a punk, but he really wasn’t a waste of money or draft picks. He did not receive a signing bonus, nor did he get paid for the games he was suspended. As far as the draft picks go, the Cowboys are getting a pick back from the Titans (because of the suspension). They have actually already used the pick in the Roy Williams deal, so it might be a wasted pick anyway…but that’s a whole different alligator?


Rosario J., Dallas, Texas: Owens had a horrible year. The Cowboys should clean house and get rid of TO and Tank Johnson and any other trouble makers!!!!

Utopia1dc: Rosario, Owens did have a sub-par season…for T.O. He did have 69 receptions for 1052 yards and 10 TDs. He also averaged 15.2 yards per reception…not too shabby for an old man! His numbers were very similar to Randy Moss (69 REC, 1008 YDS, 11 TDs, and 14.6 YPR), but nobody is giving him a hard time? Tank Johnson was somewhat of a disappointment, but that’s on the field. He has done nothing as far as any off the field issues. And what other troublemakers?


Kurt B., Warminster, PA: Do you think the Eagles have a legitimate shot at beating the Giants on the road?

Utopia1dc: Kurt, the Eagles have a decent chance at defeating the Super Bowl Champs. I don’t think that the Birds being on the road is that much of a factor. The weather is similar, as the teams are only a two-hour drive in distance. Traveling shouldn’t be an issue either. The Eagles have already defeated the G-Men this year in the Meadowlands. With Plaxico Burress out, the Giants run game has struggled, as teams are stacking the line to stop the three-headed RB Monster! Stay tuned for my predictions tomorrow.


Jane B., Obelisk, PA: Who is your superbowl favorite? It looks like an open race to me. Go Eagles!!!

Utopia1dc: The NFC is wide open. If the Eagles can get past the G-Men, I think they have a real chance at advancing to the big dance. Carolina is also a team to be reckoned with. The G-Men won’t get to the Super Bowl! In the AFC, the Ravens are the team to beat, but don’t count out the Bolts. The Chargers have been playing well in the second half of the season and in the playoffs. They have done this with little help from LT! I will be rooting for Norv and his Bolts…I just think it’s his turn. Wouldn’t it be something if an 8-8 team won the Super Bowl?


Eagleman, South Philly: Yo cowgirl your cowboys suck. When are you gonna eat all that crow you were serving up?

Utopia1dc: Eagleman, any relation to Birdman? I used to have season tickets at the Vet in Birdman’s section several eons ago. Anyway, I’m not sure what crow I was serving? I call it like it is. If you have been reading my Blog, you would know that I have picked the Eagles on many occasions. I also defended Reid and McNabb when everybody had their bags packed for them. The Eagles beat the Cowboys to get in the playoffs, now it’s time for them to do something with this opportunity. As an Eagles fan, you may want to worry about the team they face this week, not who they beat several weeks ago!


Short Shots:

Eric Mangini has been named the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. I’m not sure why the Jets fired him in the first place? The Jets are a decent team, but Favre just faded down the stretch…he’s just too old. I’m not sure Mangini was entirely onboard with Farve’s acquisition in the first place. I bet the Jets are kicking themselves for cutting Pennington.

The Cowboys have cut Adam Jones. I’m not sure that was a good move. He played decently at times, and he was rusty some of the time. But that should have been expected, as he missed nearly a year and a half due to suspension the past two seasons. He may have been an asset next year with a little more time in adjusting back to football. I guess Jerry has had enough of the drama, and is appeasing his fan base with this move?



Click To Email Me

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The rumor mill is running T.O. might be on the chopping block. Sure it is just a rumor, but never know with a 3.1 roster bonus in june might happen.

Anonymous said...

I think the Boys should give T.O. one more year. He still has talent and seems to fit in with this team better than he has anywhere else. I think they should have kept Pacman as well, but that's a done deal. As for the Giants - I don't think they are going to make it to the SuperBowl. that is, assuming they make it past this weekend! Good luck to all of the Eagles fans out there!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think they are going to make it to the SuperBowl. that is, assuming they make it past this weekend! Good luck to all of the Eagles fans out there!!

Get More Details